Friday 14 October 2016

An introduction to Music, Theatre and Entertainment Management (Not for CMP110!)

What is it?
At Falmouth University the course Music, Theatre & Entertainment Management teaches students to "manage artists, companies and projects across the entire creative process". Over the course of three years I will be able to develop an understanding of cultural organisations while gaining a firm grounding in the music, theatre and entertainment sectors. As an MTEM student the cultural impact and entertainment law are integral parts for me to study.

The course involves work placements (both within the university and externally), technical inductions, managing resources and engaging with other organisations and creative individuals.



Where is the course based?
The course is based at the Academy of Music And Theatre Arts (AMATA). This building is also known the Performance Centre and is where MTEM students like myself will spend 90% of our time. I have a Venue induction to write about so you will get to learn more about this building and how much it has to offer to staff, students and members of the public.

Why am I writing this blog?
My first assignment due is to write a blog on inductions I will be having within the following weeks but then I am going to continue this blog through all three of my years at university.

What inductions will I do?
The course of study includes these inductions however for the assignment I will only be writing 5 different posts.
  • Venue Inductions
  • Working at Height
  • Rigging Induction
  • Lighting Induction
  • Audio Induction
  • Manual Handling
For more information on the course please visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment